road through forest with bright light gleaming

Filming in Martin County

 Film Permit Requirements

  • Martin County requires anyone doing a commercial video shoot on Martin County public property to obtain a film permit. If you are filming in one of our municipalities please review the information and contact information further down on this page.
  • A permit is not required for commercial photo shoots.
  • A permit is also not required when you want to film for personal use, are filming on private property (with permission from the owner), or for employees of Martin County.


Click the button to download the film permit application. Once complete, email it as well as your completed Certificate of Liability Insurance to

Insurance Requirements

Martin County permit applicants must agree to the following insurance provisions:

Evidence of insurance issued by companies satisfactory to the County, naming the Martin County Board of County Commissioners, 2401 SE Monterey Rd., Stuart, FL, 34996, as additional insured, in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate for general liability and vehicle liability, and workman compensation insurance as required by Florida Statutes, must be provided with the application and limits of $5,000,000 if the use of one or more of the following is planned: pyrotechnics, some stunts, stunts involving vehicles and animals. A waiver of subrogation in the General, Auto and Workers Comp, categories must be provided. Some activities may require additional insurance.

An employer needs to carry workers compensation when there are 4 or more people employed by the same employer.

Please make sure you fill out and attach a Certificate of Liability Insurance when submitting your application.


Filming within other Jurisdictions

If you are filming in any of the following places, please reach out directly to those locations to determine next steps.

City of Stuart please visit their special events permitting page, linked here. You must fill out their film permit application linked here.  You may also contact or call  (772) 288 5312 for additional information.

Village of Indiantown please call (772) 597 9900 or you can submit a request online here.

Town of Jupiter Island  please call  (772) 545 0100 or email  for additional information.

The Nature Conservancy- Blowing Rocks Preserve  please contact (561) 744 6668 or email VisitBRP@tnc.or to request information.

Nathaniel P. Reed Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge  please contact  (772) 546 6141 or email to request information.

Florida State Parks works closely with the Florida Film Commission on motion pictures being filmed in the state.

    • Photography permits are required if your photo shoot will disrupt others’ enjoyment of the park or for resource protection.
    • Submit the form to Staff will let you know if they have additional questions and work with the park manager on site for review. We will work with you on dates, times, fees and other details.
    • Please allow at least seven days for processing.
    • Liability insurance is required.

When do I need to submit a permit by?

Please allow for a minimum of 5 business days for your application to be processed and a permit to be issued. If the application has any special requests, such as fireworks, road closures, animals, aircrafts, etc, please allow for additional time.

Filming With Drones

The drone operator must complete the appropriate paperwork through the FAA and contact the Witham Field Airport to request permission and notify the tower of the use of drones for filming purposes. Learn more about drone usage in Martin County here.